Thursday, June 26, 2008

My diet and other things

So, today is kinda hard. I've got the munchies and it's taking everything I have to not snack. I went to the store and bought all the low cal stuff. Some is better than others.

I've started varying my walking. Now, I walk for 10 minutes, then run for 1 and walk for 2, repeating the running and walking for 15 minutes, the cool down for 5 or 10. I'm working towards running for exercise. It's been a while since I've done that. I had a good walk last night and feel pretty good today, even though I only got 6 hours sleep.

On another note, Hayden had his last day of swim lessons. He finally jumped off the diving block into the 10 foot. It took some bribery, but I'm not above that.

I'm around 234 today. I'll update again on Monday or Tuesday.

Keep it real!

Kev

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin - The "snack-food" thing is TOUGH!! After 2 weeks, my youngest daughter had some friends over last night. It was all I could do to keep from diving into the chips... In fact, it was tougher to ignore the chips than it was to ignore the cake!!

Keep your chin up and keep working it!

A good friend of mine has likened weight-loss to a baseball season: even a Championship team has SOME losses in a season. Just make sure you have more wins than losses, and you will come out ahead!

Later,

DJ Zac

Anonymous said...

Great Job!! Sounds like you are doing everything right! Keep it up! Have you ever thought of doing Pilates? It's a great exercise program too, and it doesn't take long before you see real significant results. You should check it out!

And give Hayden a big Hi-Five! Great job... btw, bribery is a very good resource for getting your kids to do what you want. =]

Becky (from CCA)