Thursday, June 19, 2008

a DIET!!!

So, apparently, I'm in terrible shape. I went to the doctor and had some bloodwork done. Let's run down some of the list:

High blood pressure
Good and bad cholesterol is bad.
She wants me to weigh 191 lbs.

Now, I weighed 243 at her office last week. That means she wants me to lose 52 lbs! I'm going to look like a tall kid with a big head!! Or maybe a thermometer with the bulb end on top. I bought a scale for home and according to it, I'm at 238. She set me a goal of 4 lbs by the next visit. If I can't lose 4 lbs in a month, I've got a huge problem!!!

So, I'm on a 1800 calorie per day diet and I have to walk 1/2 hour every day. I'm doing pretty good on the diet, but my body is craving the junk food and it's killing me!!!

No fast food, no burgers, no hot dogs, no bratwurst, no sodas, no desserts, no BBQ....you get the picture.

I'm going to make this a running report of my progress. I've always felt better when I exercise, I just haven't found the time to go to the gym. We'll see what happens.

I could really use some support in this, as it ain't easy. If you want to drop me some comments or an email of encouragement every once in a while, I'd appreciate it.

Take care and hopefully next time you see me, you'll see less of me!

Kev

No comments: