Friday, April 17, 2009

6 MISCONCEPTIONS ABOUT WEDDING DJ’S Part 3

#3
“A DJ’s job is fun. If it’s fun they shouldn’t get paid for it”

Sure it’s fun. Thank goodness it’s fun, but it’s also a lot of work. As a soon-to-be-bride you are already getting an idea of the work and attention to detail that is necessary to make your wedding day a success. A professional disc jockey will spend approximately 6 – 8 hours on your reception BEFORE they even start the music! That does not even take into consideration the hours on advertising, maintenance, follow-ups, continued education, research and all the myriad of details a business owner deals with daily to provide quality customer service for their clients.

I don't know. Maybe I'm an over-achiever, but I put all kinds of crazy hours into a wedding before I ever even get there. Setting up music lists, typing up the paper work, creating the schedule, rehearsing what I'm going to say and how I say it. I want to make sure I don't do something as silly as say the wrong name!

Look for someone who works at their job, not just do it by rote.

I love my job! I love my job, because I enjoy it. Does it help that it's fun? Of course, but what you don't see is the added stress of making sure the most important day of your life is everything you've dreamed it would be.

Check us out at www.macondj.com Don't forget, in addition to MC/DJ services, we also offer wedding and event coordination with Rebecca, lighting with Macon Lights and A/V rental.

Have a great day!

kev

No comments: